What to expect
• Small class sizes – this means more focus from our teachers on your child’s unique learning curve and attention on them as an individual.
• Teachers and teaching assistants in the pool – until they are very confident swimmers our teachers are physically ‘with’ the class, able to help your child get the correct positions in the water, as well as being available to splash of course!
• Less physical restrictions – we use a variety of techniques and equipment which doesn’t hinder their arm or leg movement to make sure they start to develop their natural buoyancy whilst moving themselves through the water.
• Confidence and fun – we fully endorse the learning through play philosophy – games, laughter and friendly teachers all help build confidence which in turn helps embed what they are learning. Confidence breeds success!
• Each child is an individual – not everyone learns the same, at the same pace. At Swimabout we take the time to get to know your child and understand how to get the best out of them.
• Structured and balanced classes – we have a unique approach to balancing classes based on confidence and ability levels rather than age. Because we have small class sizes we can cater for all stages of swimming ability and can progress them into appropriate classes once they have mastered skills in the water which will stay with them for life!
• Understanding – we put a lot of emphasis on the importance of understanding the concepts of swimming, so your child can become a more complete and proficient swimmer.
• Safety – integral to every lesson, there will always be a teacher or assistant close by to help. We embed safe swimming practises into all our lessons.
• Steady progression through a unique syllabus – we are members of the Amateur Swimming Association and work within their awards framework.
• And of course – we have a pool party to celebrate success every term!
If you would like to know more or chat with one of our expert advisors about your child’s needs please enquire now.
When and where?
|East Cheshire/South Manchester|
|Cheadle Hulme School, Cheadle Hulme|
|Saturdays 4.30pm – 7pm, Sundays 2.30pm – 6pm|
|Weekly, term time and half term crash courses|
|West Derby, Liverpool|
|St Edwards College|
|Mondays 5 – 6pm|
|Weekly, term time sessions and half term crash courses|